"In my 25 years in construction, prior to spending 11 years as a professor, the Asphalt Zipper machine is the most innovative product I’ve seen come out of the construction industry in my time."
– Dr. Charles R. Glagola, P.E., Professor, University of Florida, NOVA Award Juror
"I have seen the bigger machines work and I was skeptical of this smaller machine. Once you see the finished product, there is no difference."
– Charlie Tewalt, Supervisor, Mt. Vernon, WA
"The good thing about it is every time I use it I know I am saving money. If you’re not Zipping, you are wasting money."
– Jerry Haynie, Road Manager, Lafayette County, MS
The Power and Production of Much Larger, Self-propelled Machines for a Fraction of the Cost
Asphalt and paving maintenance projects requiring asphalt repair are easier and more cost-effective with Asphalt Zipper® machines. All the benefits of full-depth reclamation, stabilization, asphalt grinding and milling are in a very powerful, yet compact Asphalt Zipper grinding machine. Asphalt maintenance projects that would normally take up to one week can be done in less than one day. From small patches to up to a half a mile per day, owners report they are able to complete road repairs for less than half of what they were spending, and with better results by:
- Solving base problems, rather than just covering them up
- Turning existing asphalt into re-usable material
- Reducing or eliminating new material, trucking and fuel costs
- Better utilizing crews
How it Works
Longer Lasting Road Repairs with Full-Depth Reclamation
Pulverize asphalt or chip seal surface and blend with a predetermined portion of the base.* Inject water through spraybar.
From small patches to full-width projects of up to 1/2 mile per day.
Grade and reshape. Hydrate as needed.
Compact with sufficient moisture.†
Thereafter it can be paved or sealed.
* Avoid rocks over 3 inches / 75 mm in size. When additional material or stabilizer is desired, see steps under Soil Stabilization.
† Be sure to know the effective compaction depth of your equipment and compact in lifts if necessary. Better results are achieved using heavier vibratory compactors.