"We now have control of our time and finish road maintenance projects in 1/3 of the time. We love it."
– Harry Wolf, Supervisor, Brighton Township, PA
"With our Zipper, we cut our asphalt repair time in half."
– Mike Glascock, Public Works, Boone County, MO
"Our road maintenance crews know no piece of equipment will ever take the place of a good man, but this equipment helps a good man do a better job."
– Mike Ackerman, Street Supervisor, Round Rock, TX
– Dick Minto, Washoe County, NV
Why Thousands Own Asphalt Zipper Machines
Road and highway maintenance projects requiring asphalt repair are easier and more cost-effective with Asphalt Zipper® machines. All the benefits of full-depth reclamation, stabilization, asphalt grinding and milling are in a very powerful, yet compact Asphalt Zipper grinding machine. Asphalt maintenance projects that would normally take up to one week can be done in less than one day. From small patches to up to a half a mile per day, owners report they are able to complete road repairs for less than half of what they were spending, and with better results by:
- Solving base problems, rather than just covering them up
- Turning existing asphalt into re-usable material
- Reducing or eliminating new material, trucking and fuel costs
- Better utilizing crews
- Reducing the expense and reliance on outside contractors and equipment.
How it Works
Longer Lasting Road Repairs with Full-Depth Reclamation
Pulverize asphalt or chip seal surface and blend with a predetermined portion of the base.* Inject water through spraybar.
From small patches to full-width projects of up to 1/2 mile per day.
Grade and reshape. Hydrate as needed.
Compact with sufficient moisture.†
Thereafter it can be paved or sealed.
* Avoid rocks over 3 inches / 75 mm in size. When additional material or stabilizer is desired, see steps under Soil Stabilization.
† Be sure to know the effective compaction depth of your equipment and compact in lifts if necessary. Better results are achieved using heavier vibratory compactors.
How Anyone Can Afford
Special Municipal Program Makes It Possible
Get an Asphalt Zipper machine without adding a penny to your budget.
- Divide purchase into 5 annual installments
- First installment not due for a full year
- Start saving thousands, even tens of thousands, of dollars on projects
- Use the savings to cover annual installment
- Any additional savings, which are often substantial, can be used elsewhere
- With as little as 40 hours of use, the savings can cover the annual installment
Case Study: Walsh, Colorado (Population 720)
How a Small Town Got an Asphalt Zipper machine without Adding a Penny to Their Budget
The small town of Walsh, Colorado, opted to spread the cost of purchase over 5 years through a special financing program available to municipalities. A benefit of this program is that the first payment is not due for one full year. After completing their needed road work for the season, they found that what they had saved in road repair expenses by using the Asphalt Zipper machine more than covered their annual payment. In effect, they were able to acquire an Asphalt Zipper machine without adding one cent to their budget.
"The Zipper has more than paid for itself. In fact, it paid for itself within the first year."
James Dubois, Superintendent, Walsh, CO